Exercise is one of the key elements in effectively increasing height. There are numerous sports and activities to choose from, and among them is aerobic exercise. Many individuals question whether aerobic exercise can truly contribute to height enhancement.
Aerobic exercise, also referred to as aerobics, encompasses stretching and endurance training exercises performed in synchronization with music. The primary objective of aerobic exercise is to enhance physical fitness.
What does aerobic exercise do for the body?
Aerobic exercise provides a multitude of health advantages for the body. These exercises facilitate optimal oxygen absorption in the bloodstream, resulting in increased blood flow to the muscles. Moreover, aerobic exercise is known to release endorphins, which elevate mood and foster feelings of happiness. Here are some benefits of aerobic exercise:
- Supports the efficient functioning of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels, reducing the risk of heart disease and related fatalities.
- Burns a significant number of calories, aiding in better weight management.
- Increases insulin sensitivity, assists in blood sugar regulation, and lowers the risk of diabetes.
- Helps maintain healthy blood pressure, thereby reducing the likelihood of heart attacks and strokes.
- Reduces the risk of dementia.
- Boosts the production of “happy hormones” and diminishes the occurrence of depression and anxiety disorders.
- May delay cognitive decline in adults and enhance cognitive function in children and adolescents.
- Improves brain function, reduces inflammation, and enhances resistance to oxidative stress.
All of these benefits contribute to enhanced health and longevity, reducing the risk of premature mortality.
Why does aerobic exercise help increase height?
Yes, aerobic exercise can help increase height. Here’s why:
Firstly, exercise plays a role in optimizing the production of growth hormone, and aerobic exercise is a type of physical activity that contributes to the stimulation of growth hormone.
Secondly, aerobic exercise involves stretching exercises, which help in the restoration of muscles and joints while improving blood circulation. This leads to increased flexibility and firmness of the body, which can positively impact height.
Thirdly, scientific research has shown that engaging in physical activity during the day can result in better quality sleep at night. Quality sleep allows for the maximum production of growth hormone, creating favorable conditions for accelerated bone growth. This is a significant benefit of aerobic exercise for height increase.
Therefore, considering these three reasons, it is evident that aerobic exercise can assist in increasing height.
Aerobic exercises to increase height
Aerobic includes various stretching and strengthening exercises. In each training session, you should combine these exercises together to enhance the training effect. Here are aerobic exercises to increase height that you can try.
Aerobic exercise twisting to the sides
Standing aerobic exercise twists are an effective way to strengthen the spine and tone the abdominal muscles. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms either stretched out in front of you or bent with your elbows in front of your chest.
- Twist your upper body to the right at a 45-degree angle, while simultaneously raising your right leg as high as possible, trying to lift the knee to the highest position.
- While your right leg is raised, lower your arms to the right and squeeze your abs.
- Lower your right leg and bring your right arm back to the starting position, then raise your left leg and bring your arms crossed to the left.
- Adjust the speed of the exercise to the rhythm of the music, alternating between fast and slow movements. Aim to do the exercise for about 10 minutes, in 3 sets if practicing individually, or 2-3 minutes if combined with other exercises.
Aerobic exercise shaking hips
Aerobic exercise that involves shaking hips not only stimulates the body to move but also helps women achieve a smaller waist. However, it’s important to adjust the rhythm of the music to a moderate pace and take breaks between sets to avoid hip injuries. Here’s how to do the aerobic exercise:
Stand straight with your legs shoulder-width apart, toes pointing forward, and hands resting on your hips. Push your hips to the right while raising your left hand above your head and arching to the right. Push your hips to the left while lowering your left hand so that your elbow almost touches your hip. Do this exercise for about a minute, then switch sides and repeat the steps in sequence.
Aerobic knee kick exercise
The knee kick exercise is a great way to stimulate joint cartilage and strengthen your legs. To perform this aerobic exercise, follow these steps:
- Stand up straight with your knees slightly bent and your arms bent with fists clenched in front of your chest.
- Bring your left leg up to your waist and to the right while rotating your upper body to the left, moving your hands as well.
- Adjust so that your left knee is between your elbows when it is bent.
- Lower your left leg and repeat the steps above for 10 repetitions.
- Switch to your right leg and repeat the exercise for another 10 repetitions.
Make sure to maintain proper form and breathe deeply throughout the exercise for the best results.
Aerobic exercises to pull the abdomen, hit the arms
This exercise mainly affects the abdominal area, contributing to strengthening the core. To perform aerobic exercises, you can refer to the following instructions:
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent and out
- Raise your arms above your head with your wrists crossed
- Tighten your stomach and bend slightly, pushing your butt back, and at the same time swing your hands down to the level of your navel
- Stretch your abs, puff out your chest, keep your butt pushed back
- Do this exercise for 15-20 minutes at a fast pace and as many times as you can
Aerobic exercise jumping arms and legs
The aerobic exercise is also known as jumping jack. When you exercise, your whole body will be strongly affected. This is also an ideal choice for those who want to lose weight fast.
How to perform aerobic exercise jumping arms and legs as follows:
- Stand up straight with your feet forming a V, arms along your body
- Jump and jump at the same time with your legs to the sides, and at the same time, your arms are extended to the side
- Jump to bring the body back to the original position
- Continue to perform jumping – shrinking for 10 minutes
- Each training session, you can do this exercise into 3 sets, between each set will rest for about 5 minutes
Aerobic exercises heel-to-butt
The heel-to-butt posture exercise contributes to strengthening hamstrings, increasing glutes as well as burning excess fat effectively. To perform this aerobic exercise, you can refer to the following instructions:
- Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms bent, elbows out
- Perform the full movement as if you were running heel-to-butt. At this time, the knees are bent, the legs are brought back, the heels are lightly touching the buttocks
- Do the same with the other leg
For this exercise, you should practice at a very slow pace and last for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds. Each time, you should try to do 2, 3 sets.
To effectively perform aerobic exercises at home for height increase, consider the following tips:
- If you have any bone, joint, or cardiovascular issues, it’s important to avoid aerobic exercises. Consult with a healthcare professional before starting any exercise regimen.
- Start with aerobic exercises that involve basic movements to gradually build your fitness level and avoid strain or injury.
- Aim for a moderate exercise frequency, ideally 1 hour per day and 5-6 training sessions per week. Consistency is key to achieving results.
- Always warm up your body and stretch before and after exercising to prevent muscle strain and promote flexibility.
- Choose comfortable and breathable clothing that allows for easy movement and absorbs sweat effectively.
- Wear supportive and well-fitted shoes to provide stability and reduce the risk of injuries during exercise.
- Take short breaks between exercises to stabilize your breathing and give your muscles a chance to relax.
- Stay hydrated by drinking small sips of water throughout your workout to prevent exhaustion and maintain proper hydration levels.
Remember to listen to your body and adjust the intensity of the exercises according to your comfort level. If you experience any pain or discomfort, it’s important to stop and seek medical advice.
- Related post: Do leg splits increase height?